Some ugly but fun screens from my current side project. The top screen is a concept done in PowerPoint using a early prototype screenshot for the game board.
The second screen is a screen shot of the latest prototype. The textures are obviously super ugly for the various types of blocks (or "Runes"), but lately I've been focused on getting the block snapping & alignment algorithm to work correctly on devices with various screen sizes (7", 8", 10", etc.).
The third screen is a shot of when I was working some basic pattern recognition into the game, since a big point of the game is to combine runes into 2D patterns called "Glyphs". In this screen any 2x2 pattern of green blocks was to be combined into a 2x2 red glyph. Success!
The last screen is one of the first screenshots that I took of the game after I finished a first version of the snapping & alignment algorithm. The circles represent "snap points" that active blocks are looking for as they are moved around the game board.